Your personal privacy is important to us. This privacy explains how we collect, store, and use information.
Whenever you visit Nowruz Journal and view the content we publish, you accept and consent to the practices that we describe below. Nevertheless, you have rights that you can exercise when it comes to the use of your personal information.
We collect information from you directly when you register an account with us and/or sign up for our newsletter. Our cookie technology also collects usage and device information for the overall functionality of our website. All of these are subject to your consent.
We do not knowingly collect information from children below 13 years old.
We provide ways for you to access, change, or request to delete your personal information.
We have measures in place to take care of and secure your personal information, wherever you are located in the world.
On Collecting Your User Personal Information
As provided by you
When viewing the content on our website, you may also elect to subscribe to our online newsletter. Through this action, we usually obtain, at the minimum, your name and e-mail address. Moreover, when you contact us, we also receive additional information that you freely provide, which may contain additional User Personal Information, which could personally identify you or otherwise be connected or linked to you. This information can include but are not limited to a real full name and location. Note that all of this information comes from you but will not be visible and accessible to other users of our website.
As collected from you
In order to improve our services and understand our readers better, our service providers, future advertisers, and other technical partners may use automated means to collect limited, non-personally-identifying information your browser customarily makes available whenever you visit any website on the internet or open an e-mail. This may include but are not limited to the devices you used to access our website, the type of browser and operating system you have, pages within our website that you have visited, sections within our website that you have clicked or forwarded, date and time of your access, length of your visit, downtime errors, page response times, etc.
As collected by other third-party platforms
Our website uses third-party platforms to further engage with our readers. This may include but are not limited to social media plugins and share buttons for services like Twitter, among others. Moreover, when you use these tools and integrate them into your own personal account in order to share content from our website, you may be allowing these third-party platforms to have access to your profile information in particular, which may include your name, e-mail address, location, and more.
On Sensitive Personal Information
We do not intentionally collect your Sensitive Personal Information
This concerns the following: biometric or genetic information, health and sex or sexual orientation, religious or philosophical beliefs, ethnic origins, political leanings or opinions, commercial or purchase data, personal browsing or search history, employment or educational data, and geolocation data.
We do not knowingly store information from children below 13 years old
Our content is specifically not directed towards this age bracket. We respect that there may be varying age limits in different countries.
We do not deliberately keep any User Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information that is stored in your computer or mobile device
Any personal information saved on your computer or mobile device is your responsibility.
On Using Your Information
We use the information we have collected to perform the following actions:
- We protect the privacy and safety of our readers.
- We deliver our latest content according to your viewing preference.
- We analyze our reader trends and behavior in order to improve our website content. We may make recommendations on related content that might interest you based on the current page you are viewing.
- We troubleshoot and test operations on our backend in order to improve our website performance.
- We create reports and study these analytics in order to improve our content, marketing, and advertising strategies.
- We notify you about any changes to our policies and services.
- We respond to any of your inquiries, which may include but are not limited to feedback and corrections, as well as technical support requests when viewing and accessing our website.
- We may send you selected e-mail newsletters about new content we have published on our site.
- We may forward additional information to you from Nowruz Journal or specially selected partners who offer information which we believe may be of interest to our readers.
- We may customize what you see on our website based on how you use or share the content that we publish.
- We may use your User Personal Information for security purposes and only if necessary when investigating possible attempts to harm our readers or our assets. This also applies to our duty to comply with our legal obligation and protect our intellectual property.
We Do Not Sell Your Information
Any information you have provided to us is done so with your consent. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. If you would like to request the deletion of your data, you can always get in touch with us via nowruzjournalgeneral(at)gmail(dot)com.
In addition, and in compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the following are your rights to control personal information:
- Right to know what personal information we have collected from you in the past 12 months and what categories they fall under, as well as the purpose of collecting this information and with whom we have shared it;
- Right to know whether your personal information was sold, shared, or disclosed to other business entities for a business purpose;
- Right to say no to your personal information being sold, shared, or disclosed to other business entities for a business purpose;
- Right to non-discrimination if you exercise your rights, which may include denial of services or goods, being charged a different price or rate for services or goods, and being given a different quality of services or goods;
- Right to have your personal information deleted per your request.
On Sharing Your Information
Concerning your privacy
We do not sell the information we have collected (if any) from our readers to third parties.
We may, however, provide selected information that we have obtained on a confidential basis to certain, trusted non-affiliated companies who are considered to be joint venture or strategic partners, advisors, contractors or consultants who are working with Nowruz Journal. Information will be shared with such third parties only to the extent reasonably necessary, and pursuant to confidentiality obligations.
Non-personal information may be compiled for statistical purposes and provided to third parties. However, none of this non-personal data will include individually identifiable information.
We will keep a note of any information shared with third parties as well as a justification of why that information was shared, in compliance with the GDPR and CCPA.
Concerning your consent
We hope you value the content we publish. You can, however, choose to opt-out of individual communications and any messages we send you at any time by getting in touch with us via nowruzjournalgeneral(at)gmail(dot)com.
Concerning legal purposes
We are required by law to provide information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, from law enforcement agencies or state and federal regulators.
Concerning information security
Nowruz Journal diligently works to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems. We, however, cannot guarantee that our security measures will totally prevent third parties (hackers) from illegally obtaining access to such information. In an event of a data breach (loss, unauthorized access and disclosure of, modification and misuse of personal information), we will take the urgent, necessary steps to contain the breach, as well as conduct a thorough investigation and audit. We will also follow the notification and communication protocols as prescribed by the GDPR.
Concerning third-party platforms
We strongly encourage reading the respective privacy policies of third-party platforms that we employ on our website, such as social media networks, to know more about their own coverage. You can modify the privacy settings of your accounts on these sites for your own protection. Nowruz Journal is not responsible for any information you choose to provide to these services.
From time to time, messages we send to you or that we post to our website may contain links that take you away and lead you to third-party landing pages or other websites that we do not control. We are not liable for any information you may choose to share with any third parties on their landing pages or websites. We are also not liable for and do not control how they might share the information that they collect from you.
Concerning advertising choices
Other Important Information
Access to your personal information
Changes to this policy
Getting in touch with Nowruz Journal
If you feel that your information is being used incorrectly, please e-mail us immediately at nowruzjournalgeneral(at)gmail(dot)com.